Gold bars and rounds are an easy way to invest in Gold.
- What is the advantage of buying Gold bars? Buying Gold bars offers an advantage over buying Gold coins in that buying bars allows you to pay the absolute minimum over spot price. Buying your Gold in bars also allows for ease of storage.
- Investing in Gold bars and rounds can help round out your portfolio. Gold bullion bars and rounds are considered a good investment because typically Gold Bullion is a natural hedge to the equities market. A 1 oz Gold bar also offers the best price when compared with Gold coins, which have a higher premium due to carrying more numismatic or collector value. Gold bullion bars and rounds are also easy to collect incrementally because you can choose a 1 oz Gold bar, a 10 oz Gold bar or several Gold rounds at once. Spread your investment over several months, or invest in Gold bar sizes less than 1 oz to steadily add to your investments.
- When investing in Gold Bars and Rounds, you want to know how the prices are determined. All 1 oz Gold bar and round prices are based on what is known as the Gold spot price, which is the rate for Gold in its unfabricated state. No one can buy Gold Bars or Rounds at the Gold spot price. When buying 1 oz of Gold, you will also pay a premium price, which accounts for fabrication, distribution and a minimal dealer fee, plus any numismatic or collector value. Gold coins that are highly desirable and rare have the highest Gold prices because of their numismatic value.
- Whether a 1 gram Gold bar or a 10 oz Gold bar is purchased in the U.S. or across the globe, the spot price is always the same. That is because a 1 oz Gold bar is based on the spot price of 1 troy ounce of Gold in U.S. dollars. The Gold may come in 1 gram Gold bar increments or a full kilogram of Gold but the price is still based on the troy ounce measurement. A troy ounce of Gold is not the same as everyday ounces we are accustomed to. One troy ounce of Gold equals 1.09711 avoirdupois ounces the ounces we are most familiar with. The price of Gold bullion bars and rounds may also be sold in the local currency but is always converted from the U.S. dollar price.
- Many find Gold bars and rounds are some of the best choices if you are looking to add to your short-term or long-term investments. Whether you choose from our 1 oz Gold bars, 1 gram bars or other Gold bullion collection, you will have an investment many consider a safe haven. In addition to buying Gold bars and rounds, you can also invest in other valuable Gold coins and Silver coins like junk Silver, which are U.S. coins that used to be in circulation but now are worth much more than their face value because of high Silver content.
What is a Gold Ingot?
Gold ingot is simply another term for a Gold bar. The Gold ingot is the stereotypical large Gold bar one thinks of as being stored in Fort Knox. APMEX stocks a variety of kilo bars, a Gold ingot that is available for very low premium over cost.